NEW! Craft a Solo Mini-Series!
Kelly's Herb House, 401 Headquarters Dr, Ste 102, Millersville, MD 21108
May 23 – June 13th (4-week intensive)
Wednesdays, 6:30 – 8:30 PM
Learn how to create a dynamic and entertaining solo belly dance performance in this four-week intensive! The focus will be in gaining confidence as a dancer while mastering skills in crafting a dance, while practicing positive framing for self-feedback and peer critique. This series will culminate in a friends and family showcase where you can perform your three-minute piece in a relaxed, supportive environment. Open to all levels and any style of belly dance, this session is especially helpful for belly dancers who have experience taking belly dance classes but don’t yet know how to create their own dance compositions. Each week will include 20-30 minutes of belly dance practice, time to work on your piece, partner and small group activities, and individual feedback.
When you register, I’ll send you some suggestions for song selections, so that you are prepared with a song to work with on the first class.
- Week 1: Selecting a song and music mapping
- Week 2: Creating and developing dance phrases
- Week 3: Finish up developing dance phrases, costuming and makeup
- Week 4: Refine and Rehearse
- June 16th: Friends and Family Showcase
- Cost: $150
Datura Style Belly Dance will Return in September!
Based on Rachel Brice’s 8 Elements Approach to belly dance, Flissy’s Datura style classes are focused on developing healthy posture and solid technique for belly dance. Datura Style Belly Dance is a fusion of American Tribal Style belly dance with influence from American Cabaret belly dance and more.
General Class policies: No refunds. Make-up classes are available during the enrolled session only. Class passes expire at 90 days after first use. Any class cancellations will be posted via email to enrolled students, posted on this page and on Facebook.
One on One Belly Dance Sessions
A one hour in-person private belly dance class
$75/hr or $250/4-session package
- Complementary introductory discussion to identify what you'd like to get out of your private class
- Feedback on posture and execution of movements
- Expertise in American Tribal Style® and Datura Style™ belly dance.
- Specialized instruction in props including sword, basket, and finger cymbals, or other topics as desired.
- Constructive, supportive feedback about artistry and musicality.
- Help identifying specific goals and/or a dance practice plan, if desired.
- Ongoing practice support via email when multiple sessions are booked.